Fair trade shop and cafe located in Milngavie Town Centre run by volunteers. Gavin’s Mill is an ancient Corn Mill on the banks of the Allander Water.
Opened in March 2017, primarily as a fair trade shop and café, selling food products, teas, coffees and artisan crafts from around the world.
Today, in response to a growing awareness and of our need to live more sustainably, reduce food miles and plastic waste, and to support local and Scottish business, our shop now also stocks:
- Natural cleaning and personal care products
- A refill station for cleaning products, shampoos, shower gels and more
- Ethically produced homewares and gifts
- Seasonal, organically grown fruit and vegetables
- Locally sourced free-range farm eggs
- Sourdough bread from Glasgow social enterprise, Freedom Bakery
- A great selection of Scottish interest and children’s books
Their café offers fair trade coffee and teas and a delicious array of cakes, lovingly made by our volunteer bakers, with a batch of signature scones baked fresh every morning. Our vegetarian light lunch menu includes homemade soups and stews changing daily and served with Freedom Bakery breads. Gluten free and vegan options are often available. Most of our dishes are made in the Mill kitchen by volunteers, using locally sourced and fair trade ingredients where possible.
Open Monday – Saturday from 10am to 5pm (café closes at 4.30pm).
Accepts the Milngavie Gift Card.